Call For Papers
International Workshop on Semantic Computing for Social Networks: from
user information to social knowledge (SCSN 2013)
Internet users have become providers of information through social
networks like Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, and so forth. In this context
Semantic Computing plays a chief role because of its potentiality to
turn shapeless crowds information into social and digestible knowledge.
The workshop, that will take place on September 19, 2013, in
conjunction with the 7th IEEE International Conference on Semantic
Computing (ICSC2013), (http://ieee-icsc.org/icsc2013/) is a forum for
researchers, industry practitioners and domain experts in the field of
semantic computing to exchange the latest advances in the state of the
art and practice of semantic computing applications to the social
Topics of interest
The topics of interest of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- What kind of Semantics-driven indexing and retrieval for Social Media?
- User modeling or social profiling?
- Semantics-based recommender systems for Social Media: is the dream
- Web adaptation methods and techniques
- Content on demand: customization or personalization?
- Semantic context modeling and extraction
- Semantic Models generation from social networks data
- Semantically-enabled data filtering
- Sentiment analysis in Social Networks
- Opinion mining in Social Networks
- Social Web Mining
- Semantics of Collective Intelligence
- Mobile social networking
- Distributed semantic computing for social network data analysis
- Collaborative filtering, mining and prediction
- Social computing applications and case studies
Submission deadline: June 10th, 2013
Notification of acceptance: July 1st, 2013
Shu-Ching Chen, Florida International University, USA
Ernesto D'Avanzo, University of Salerno, Italy
Robert Mertens, HSW University of Applied Sciences, Hamelin, Germany
Giovanni Pilato, Italian National Research Council, Italy
Manuscripts must be written in English and follow the instructions in
the Manuscript Formatting and Templates page given in ICSC 2013 website. Only electronic submission will be accepted.
Technical paper authors MUST submit their manuscripts through EasyChair, by following this link and by selecting the "Workshop on Semantic Computing for Social Networks: from user information to social knowledge"track.
Manuscripts may only be submitted in PDF format.